You may have a number of old socks that you have accumulated over the years and you think you have no use for, but it is time for you to put them to good use.
1. Use your old socks to hold your jewellery when you travel. The sock will provide cushioning and it can also provide safety by deterring thieves (hopefully).
You can use spare socks when you need to pack breakables like glasses or vases, or use them as padding in boxes to help.prevent breakages.
3. You can cut off the cuff part of the sock and put it on wrapping paper rolls to help prevent the paper from sliding off.
4. You can use the cuff part of any of your old socks to wrangle and contain loose electrical cords.
5. When next you want to weed your surroundings or do some gardening, put sock cuffs over your knees to protect your clothes and provide a bit of padding.
6. You can also cut a sock into strips to tie your growing plants to stakes.
7. If you do a bit of painting, you can simply slide larger socks over your sneakers and shoes to shield them from paint splatter.
8. If your bed squeaks noisily, you can place a sock in your bed frame to help stop the squeaks.
9. When moving furniture at home, put socks on the feet of your chair or table legs to prevent scratching the floors.
10. Put your wet umbrella in an orphan sock to keep the inside of your car dry always.
11. You can fill socks with silica gel (which is extremely absorbent), and keep them on rear and/or front window ledge to help stop your windshields from fogging up.
12. On a hot, sunny day, place a sock over the metal parts of seat belts so they don’t burn people’s skin.
13. To combat aches and cramps, you can convert them to a heating pad. Just fill a clean, dry sock (use one that’s all or mostly cotton or wool, with no embellishments) with white or brown rice, dried beans, flaxseed, or barley.
Either knot the sock or sew it shut with cotton thread, and microwave it for one minute. If it’s not hot enough, up the time in 15-second increments.
14. For pains and itches that require a cold touch, fill a plastic bag with ice and place it inside of a sock to make a softer ice pack.
15. In a pinch, cut off the cuff and use it as a scrunchie in your hair.
The post Fifteen Genius Ways You Can Put Your Socks To Good Use appeared first on 360Nobs.com.