There have been another 120 deaths reported from coronavirus, bringing the UK’s death toll – as of Friday – to 46,119.
The figure includes deaths in all settings, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community.
Meanwhile, a woman who has worked for a bakery for over 40 years has been sacked after it was found that she was taking cash from customers then using her own card to pay for their shopping.
Megan Metcalfe, 60, was working at Birds Bakery which stopped accepting cash during the pandemic for hygiene reasons.
- Coronavirus death toll passes 46,000 after another 120 die in UK
- Bakery worker sacked after 40 years for paying for elderly customers who only had cash
- Bournemouth and Brighton tell crowds to leave on hottest day of 2020
- Laws on face masks to be extended
- Weddings with up to 30 guests no longer allowed from tomorrow
Here, we bring you live updates on the latest news, developments and guidance on the Covid-19 pandemic.