JOAO FELIX WANTS RONALDO LINK-UP
Liverpool and Manchester United face disappointment in their efforts to sign €105m-rated Benfica playmaker Joao Felix after the Portuguese teenager admitted he dreams of playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo at Juventus.
The highly-rated 19-year-old was reportedly the subject of a failed €65million offer from Liverpool in January, while Manchester United have also sent scouts to check on the player ahead of a possible summer approach.
The player has also been linked with moves to Manchester City, PSG and Barcelona as European football’s big-hitters cast envious eyes on the Estadio da Luz talent.
And the player admits he is already thinking of life beyond Benfica, with a move to Juventus, to link up with compatriot Ronaldo, already in his sights.
“My future? It’ll be a decision we make mutually,” Felix told Tuttosport. “All the best Portuguese players have gone to play in the most important foreign leagues, and of course I’d like to do that too.
“I have two big dreams: I’d like to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo because he’s simply the best. He’s an idol, a world icon, an example for everyone.”
Felix only signed a new long-term contract with Benfica in November, and with it, a release clause set at €120m (£105m).
The teenager has scored seven times in 20 appearances this season, and has also featured 10 times for Portugal Under-21s, scoring four goals.
AND THE REST
- Rino Gattuso reckons AC Milan’s attack is much more fearsome with Krzysztof Piatek than it ever was with Gonzalo Higuain (Sky Italia)
- Juventus have targeted a €60m summer swoop for Matthijs De Ligt as a long-term replacement for the ageing Giorgio Chiellini (Calciomercato)
- Lionel Messi is a major doubt for Barcelona’s Copa del Rey semi-final first leg against Real Madrid but Ousmane Dembele is likely to play (AS)
- Benjamin Pavard says it was easy to reject interest from the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham in favour of signing a deal with Bayern Munich. The Stuttgart defender will join the Bundesliga giants in the summer (Bild)
- Real Madrid have no plans to loan out Brahim Diaz despite his limited involvement since joining the club from Manchester City (AS)
- Valencia captain Dani Parejo has extended his contract at the club until the summer of 2022, the club have confirmed (various)
- Timo Werner has been warned against joining Liverpool by Ralf Rangnick because of the Naby Keita’s struggles since he moved to Anfield (Buli News)
- Marseille forward Mario Balotelli has revealed he intends to finish his career at Brescia (Queli che il Calcio)
- Juventus target Cristian Romero has expressed his relief at the transfer window closing and insists his only focus is on Genoa (Corriere dello Sport)
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is eyeing De Ligt (Ajax), Marquinhos (PSG), Milan Skriniar (Inter) and David Alaba (Bayern) as possible summer defensive reinforcements (Don Balon)
- Chelsea risk losing Barcelona target Willian in the summer after refusing to offer the Brazilian anything longer than a 12-month contract extension(UOL)
- AC Milan have been given FFP clearance to complete a permanent deal for Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko this summer (Gazzetta dello Sport)
- Thibaut Courtois has urged Real Madrid to sign former Chelseateam-mate Eden Hazard instead of Neymar (Het Nieuwsblad)
The post Daily Roundup: Latest Football News Content Across Europe appeared first on 360Nobs.com.