Welcome to Kehinde Popoola's website

Footballer caught cheating on partner jumped out of hotel window in boxers

Natalie Wood and three friends hatched a plan to blackmail a footballer with incriminating images (Picture: PA)

Natalie Wood and three male friends hatched a plan to blackmail a footballer with incriminating images (Picture: PA)

A Premier League footballer was blackmailed after being filmed in a hotel room with a woman who was not his partner, a court heard.

The player, who can’t be named for legal reasons, was set up by Natalie Wood, 28, as part of a plot to extort money from him.

Wood met up with the star three times after he sent her a message on social media in 2017.

She hatched a plot to blackmail him with three other men including former Take Me Out contestant Tyrone Coleman, 34.

A jury heard the men burst into the room last year, causing the football player to jump out of a window and escape down a fire exit in just his underwear.

Natalie Wood outside Bristol Crown Court. Wood has admitted being part of a plot to blackmail a professional footballer, who cannot be named for legal reasons. PA Photo. Picture date: Thursday 19th September 2019. See PA story COURTS Football. Photo credit should read: Jacob King/PA Wire

Natalie Wood had an intimate relationship with the footballer than tried to con cash off him (Picture: PA)

The man – described as a ‘well-known professional footballer’ – took shelter in a nearby restaurant until police arrived.

Simon Jones, prosecuting, told the jury: ‘Last year, a plan was hatched to blackmail him, to expose him to the media if he didn’t pay money.

‘The plan was thwarted by the complainant going to the police and the defendants being arrested.

‘While no money was ever handed over, that doesn’t matter because this case concerns the existence of the plan.’

The court heard that the footballer sent Wood money on three occasions to book a hotel room under her name.

Tyrone Coleman outside Bristol Crown Court. Coleman is a defendant in a trial concerning the alleged blackmail of a professional footballer, who cannot be named for legal reasons. PA Photo. Picture date: Thursday 19th September 2019. See PA story COURTS Football. Photo credit should read: Jacob King/PA Wire

Take Me Out star Tyrone Coleman was accused of setting up the plot (Picture: PA)

On the third occasion it is alleged she left a spare hotel key with co-defendants – Nathan Coleman, 38, and Prince Rowe, 37.

She sat on the bed with the sports star, who took off his designer tracksuit and rolex watch, before the two men entered the room a short time later.

After he escaped she sent a text message which read: ‘Obviously from your reaction you knew you was in the wrong.

‘I don’t really want to expose you to the media but if you don’t respond within 24 hours then you leave me no choice’

Wood has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to blackmail, while the three co-defendants pleaded not guilty.

She claimed friend and Take me-out Star Coleman arranged the set up and said she was used as ‘bait’ by the three men.

The trial continues.



Got a story for Metro.co.uk?

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk. For more stories like this, check our news page.

Have something to add? Share it in the comments.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *